TimeTools T300 is a cost-effective, highly accurate, standalone NTP server. It provides a reliable source of time for synchronizing client computers on a Local Area Network (LAN).
The appliance receives very precise timing signals from the GPS system to synchronize within a few microseconds of UTC. It can therefore provide a highly accurate timing reference to client computers without requiring an internet connection. Ideal for high security closed networks.
By utilizing the NTP protocol, the T300 can precisely synchronize any NTP or SNTP compliant computer or device. This includes most operating systems, such as Windows and Linux, and also many network devices, such as routers, switches and CCTV systems.
- Stratum-1 GPS referenced standalone time server.
- Can synchronize NTP or SNTP client computers and devices.
- Timing receiver accurate to 15nsec when locked to GPS.
- NTP synchronization to 3usec when locked to GPS.
- Synchronizes up to 100,000 network time clients.
- Single 10/100 Mbit auto-sensing, auto-MDIX Ethernet port.
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 Internet Protocols.
- Supplied with a rugged permanent-mount, high-gain, GPS antenna and mount.
- Extremely cost-effective.
- Integrated universal AC mains input PSU.
- Made in UK, with free lifetime support.
Benefits Of A Standalone Time Server
Installing a NTP server on your Local Area Network has a number of advantages over Internet based time servers.
Due to much lower network latency, computers can coordinate time far more tightly to a local NTP server compared to Internet based servers. Sub-millisecond timing is possible with an internal NTP server, which cannot be achieved using internet time references.
In order to use internet time servers, a network must have access to the Internet. Also, a network port needs to be left open in the firewall to allow NTP communication, which can pose security risks. For closed networks, where security is paramount, the only option is an internal NTP server.
- Time reference for CCTV, DVR and Video Management Systems.
- Synchronization of Access Control Systems.
- Network timing, measurement and synchronization.
- SCADA, Automation and Control Systems, Network Monitoring.
- Reference time source for NTP synchronized clocks.
Performance and Reliability
The T300 is powerful enough to synchronize to within a few microseconds of UTC time. It can also service up to 100,000 time clients at default NTP polling frequencies. Even more clients can be serviced by decreasing the client polling rate.
The device incorporates an industrial processor module with exceptional reliability. The module has an exceptionally high Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) rate. Additionally, the high quality universal power supply unit has a MTBF in excess of 94 years (25C). The T300 also has very low power consumption, is convection cooled, and has no moving parts. Reliability and longevity has been proven in the field.
GPS Antenna Installation
The GPS module utilized by the T300 provides precise timing information even in the most challenging environments. The receiver can operate down to a single-satellite in view which can often allow antenna location in a window. The devices high-sensitivity mode also allows the possibility of indoor antenna location. These features can provide significant installation cost savings compared to traditional roof-mounted antenna systems.
The GPS antenna provided with the T300 is fully weather-proof and can be mounted outdoors or on a roof-top, as required.
Customer References and Testimonials
A large number of prestigious organisations from around the world trust TimeTools for their synchronization requirements. Here is a small selection:
|About Andrew Shinton|
Andrew Shinton is the joint founder and Managing Director of TimeTools Limited. He has a BSc (Hons) degree in Computer Science. Andrew has over 20 years experience of GPS systems and Network Time Protocol (NTP) in the Time and Frequency Industry.