A GPS over fiber link system allows GPS signals to be transmitted with minimal losses over long cable distances. It provides a highly secure link between a GPS antenna and receiver. It is also resistant to noise, allowing an interference-free link through noisy environments. The technology transparently provides cross-site connection between a GPS antenna and receiver unit.
- Minimal signal loss and degradation over very long cable runs up to 10km.
- Provides a highly secure tamper-proof connection between antenna and receiver.
- Interference free link through noisy environments, the optical signal is unaffected by electrical noise.
- Flexible, small-diameter, lightweight optical fiber cable favourably with heavy, large diameter and inflexible low-loss coax cable.
- Lower cost of optical fiber cable compared with long cable runs of high quality low-loss coax.
- Complete electrical isolation between antenna and receiver protects against lightning strikes and electrical surge
Enclosure (RF to Fibre): Anodized Housing
Enclosure (Fibre to RF): 1U 19″ Rack-mountable
Frequency Band: GPS L1 / L2
RF Connectors: TNC
Optical Connectors: FC/PC
Fibre Mode: Single
PSU: Dual 85 – 264 VAC
TF-800327PRO IP65 Weather-Proof Cabinet For RF to Fibre Converter Module
TF-700241 100m Pre-Terminated Patch Cord Gl-3.0 Optical Fibre Armoured Cable
TF-700240 200m Pre-Terminated Patch Cord Gl-3.0 Optical Fibre Armoured Cable